Saturday, July 18, 2009

YES!

YES!!!!!
According to the post before this one, I competed in today's MSSD tournament for Taekwondo.
Allow me to explain a few things first.
1- I started taking Taekwondo lessons since I was 5 years old.
2- I started sparring(competition style fighting) when I was 8.
3- Even though I have been to 3 tournaments while I was in primary school, I have never ever won anything.
4-Even though I have been to 2 tournaments during my secondary school days, I still did not win anything.

And so, today, that chain broke. I finally got my first medal for sparring in Taekwondo. What makes it better is that this medal, is a gold medal. GOLD MEDAL!!!
I was so happy when I had gotten a gold. After 7 years of sparring. I thought to myself:' FINALLY! I knew I didn't waste any of my time training all these years!'
I cried tears of joy, despite the fact that my left foot was amazingly giant due to the swelling. But I was happy. So so happy. I owe it all to every single supporter, senior, instructor and master that has ever supported me or given advice or trained me ever before.
So...
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Someday, I promise, I will repay all of you for what you have done for me. Thank you.